North Asia CAPE was honoured to support and be part of the fifth anniversary celebration of the New Zealand Korea Free Trade Agreement, working with the Korea New Zealand Business Council (KNZBC), on 20 May.
The Republic of Korea and New Zealand signed the FTA in Seoul on 23 March 2015, and it came into operation on 20 December 2015. The two countries' trade, cultural, and people-to-people links have continued to deepen since then.
The event featured a number of high-profile speakers, including:
- His Excellency Mr Lee Sang Jin: Ambassador for the Republic of Korea (image one)
- His Excellency Mr Phil Turner; NZ Ambassador to Korea (via video link) (image two)
- Rt Hon. Sir John Key, former Prime Minister of New Zealand (image three)
- Sir Richard Taylor, Weta Workshop (image four)
- Simon Tucker, Director Global Stakeholder Affairs, Fonterra
- Michael Fox, Director of External Relations, Zespri
- Andy Sinclair, General Manager, Hyundai NZ
- Shinhak Kang, Trade Commissioner, KOTRA
- Matt Baker, Global Market Manager, Silver Fern Farms