The NA CAPE is offering fifteen High School students (age 16-18) a two week immersive experience to Jiangxi Province in China April, 2020. The aim is to build their Chinese language skills and cultural understanding. This tailored program will be taught at Jiangxi Normal University and include: Chinese language, history and culture. Two teachers will accompany the students and support will be provided in country during the study tour.
- One day acculturation programme in Auckland on 11 April 2020
- Two-week Chinese immersion programme from 13 to 24 April 2020
- Daily classes on Chinese language, history, culture, government, economics and etiquette (Mon to Fri: 10am-12pm, 1pm-2pm)
- After school activities providing students with opportunities to practice what they have learned in class
- Weekend travel within Jiangxi Province and free time
- Taught at Jiangxi Normal University by the school’s International Department
- Course workbook will be provided
- Study space / common room will be provided at the Bay of Plenty Centre
Accommodation and Support:
- Dormitory accommodation on campus
- Student Support: Support service provided through the Bay of Plenty Centre at Jiangxi Normal University
- Chinese Student Buddy: Students will be paired with local students to provide them with additional support
- Food will be 80% Chinese and 20% Western
The Jiangxi Study Tour has been delayed due to the Coronavirus. Please check our website for future updates.