Korean Language Week will bring Korea to Auckland. Enjoy a range of activities throughout the week of September 24, and into October.
• K-Fest and K-Pop contest - Sep 29, Victory Convention Centre, from 10am
• Korean Food Night Market - Sun Sep 30 & Oct 7, 5:30-11pm
Glenfield mall car park, 48 Downing St, Glenfield
• K-Pop Dance Workshops by Rina Chae and Street Candee - starting Mon Oct 8, Ellen Melville Centre (City Central) and Northcote Citizen Centre, and in participating schools from September
• Korean Film Festival in Auckland - Oct 11 to 14, eight free Korean movies Academy Cinemas.
• Auckland Symphony Orchestra playing Gayageum Concerto (traditional Korean string instrument) - Sun Oct 21 and 28, Mon Oct 29 (kids concert)
• Taekwondo Workshop - Sep and Oct in participating schools
• Little Cooks K-Food Cooking Class - in 12 participating schools
• Korean Traditional Games - in 10 participating schools
To celebrate Korean Language Week, the Korean Education Centre in NZ has prepared Korean language posters to introduce simple Korean expressions in both English and Māori. Please download and share.